Home > Forum > Archive > June 2004 > Reason(s) why Stryker sucks:

Login

Advertisement

Reason(s) why Stryker sucks:

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 8:00 AM

He's trying hard, sometimes too hard, to be funny when actually he's not. Also, he thinks he knows all when in fact he doesn't know shit and fails to read between the lines most of the time.

Stop trying to be like Adam with your answers!!!

Stryker sucks and he brings the show down in the gutter with him.

j4k3

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 8:16 AM

Stryker isn't that bad. He just isn't in the same league as Adam, that's all. Believe me, I've heard a lot worse than Stryker. He will do until Adam gets back. It's only for a week.

But this brings up another thought. One of these days Adam is going to leave Loveline. Who would make a good replacement? Can anybody think of another comedian with the same insights and funny analogies as Adam?

Saffeau

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 8:24 AM

Good question, Saffeau. I think when that happens, that will be the end of Loveline. It will be like The Man Show. They will find a replacement but he/she wouldn't be as good as Adam (or Drew). The show will last with the new host (or hosts) only for about a couple of months before they pull it off the air - permanently.

It just wouldn't be the same without Adam and/or Drew.

j4k3

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 8:32 AM

Now thats a good question, I've been wondering what would happen to the show if/when Adam leaves. But it also brings to mind another question: What if Drew leaves the show, but Adam stays ?
Anyone think of a replacement for Drew ??

For me the show would never be right without those two together.

illyB

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 8:33 AM

Who the hell is stryker? I thought you guys were talking about the band LOL

Daethian

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 8:40 AM

How short sighted of you guys. I know that a lot of people who post on this board are not from Los Angeles, so you might not know the history of the show. But Loveline was around before and will be around after Adam. However, I must admit that Adam makes the show great. I have been listening to Loveline on and off since 1986 and I am sure it was on years before that. Contrary to popular belief, this is not the Adam show, but I don't want to see him go. He really is the best host ever.

And believe me... If you think that Stryker sucks, that just tells me that you never heard Ricki Rachman.

Juanus

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 8:52 AM

Actually it wasn't on much before that. I'm pretty sure Drew's said it started in the summer of 1984. It would be cool if you had tapes from back then! I wanna hear what it was like.

puck71

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 10:40 AM

If Adam leaves, I will probably stop listening to the show.

Jeremy

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 12:41 PM

Ironically enough I was thinking that myself.

I'll tune in for a bit, but probably won't stay for long.

dr ipod

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 12:56 PM

well, I do not have tapes from back then. I was 13 when I started listening to the show. Back then the show was hosted and created by a legendary radio personality named The Poorman. Amuzing gent until he was fired from the station in 92 or 93. The show was then taken over by Stryker temporarily then Ricki Rachman (God Save Us). Then Adam signed on when it went to MTV. I am sure you know the story from there.

I wouldn't mind having DAG host a couple of nights with Dr. Drew. The last time they were together without Adam was an entertaining show.

Juanus

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 3:41 PM

illyB: Anyone think of a replacement for Drew ??

My money's on Bruce. He's got the same credentials, plus the tattoo removal thing.

Dark Laith

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 4:40 PM

Yeah Dr. Spaz would probably take over for Drew. I don't want either Adam or Drew to leave, but I'd be more comfortable with Bruce taking over for Drew than I would be with ANYONE taking over for Adam. Not that Drew's gonna ever quit the show anytime soon I wouldn't think. I don't really think Adam would either. It's a 10-hour a week job, and he probably gets quite a bit of money for it.

puck71

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 5:02 PM

Anyone remember when Dr. Spaz said he didn't believe in the theory of evolution? ARgh! You call your self a doctor?!

C'mon Loveline will never change and Adam and Drew will be on forever. [pluging ears and humming loudly]

stass

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 5:04 PM

Whoever takes Adam's place on Loveline has some strict criteria to meet. He (it has to be a guy) needs to be a blue-collar type with plenty of shitty experiences in his life so he can connect with his audience. He needs to have undergone a lot of therapy so he understands the process and has some insight into himself and others. He needs to have the same cynical, to-hell-with-it attitude. And he needs to be quick on the draw, with a lot of common sense. In other words, he needs to be a combination of Dennis Leary, Woody Allen, Howard Stern, George Carlin, and Dennis Miller. I can't think of anyone offhand who completely fills the bill.

hick truck

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 6:28 PM

That's right on the nose, hick truck. Adam's replacement would need all those qualities. You're not another troll alias, are you? I hope not, because you can write intelligent posts when you want to.

Saffeau

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 8:31 PM

Okay we are a day delayed here in St Louis but I tuned in and after 5 minutes I can see why you guys hate Stryker. God what an annoying dill hole! How many times can he say 'nice'?? He asks like endless questions, at first I didn't even know Dr Drew was there too!

wugh I don't think I'll be listening the rest of the week.

Can we email the show and tell them? I'd rather hear best of shows personally.

Daethian

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 8:44 PM

The only email I know of is loveline@earthlink.net

Does it even work? They've alluded to never checking it on the show before...

Agent 007

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 9:42 PM

Supposedly Producer Ann and/or Junior, Junior... Producer Lauren read the email at loveline@earthlink.net, but I doubt telling them that you don't like Stryker will inspire any change - he's the normal standby.

Kevin U.

ZT+ ~ #

Tuesday, June 1, 2004 at 9:57 PM

Saffeau: Can anybody think of another comedian with the same insights and funny analogies as Adam?

me.

ZT

Wednesday, June 2, 2004 at 9:42 AM

Well ZT, that answer was pretty funny...

Jeremy

Wednesday, June 2, 2004 at 10:37 AM

Contrary to Juanus's belief, this IS the Adam show. These sex-advice shows are a dime a dozen and people will stop listening in droves if Adam leaves (read a Jimmy Kimmel Live writer's and my opinions on Adam here). No one cares who Ricki Rachman is as long as they don't have to listen to him. We DO have to listen to Stryker.

sprewell

Wednesday, June 2, 2004 at 2:37 PM

Touché

FlyinACE

Wednesday, June 2, 2004 at 4:52 PM

I tried that email a long time ago and it either disappeared unanswered or bounced back to me, I can't remember.

Daethian

Wednesday, June 2, 2004 at 5:49 PM

xactly. a crappy version of loveline may continue to exist on kroc, but for the rest of us, the show would in effect be over when adam leaves because affilliates will start dropping it immediately.

everybody has warts

Wednesday, June 2, 2004 at 6:42 PM

KROQ.

Jeremy

Thursday, June 3, 2004 at 12:06 AM

Stryker really isn't that bad. He does a decent job and has good interatctions with the bands and guests. He is a good 2nd to Adam.

Flame on!

Tyler

Thursday, June 3, 2004 at 4:51 AM

Edited Thursday, June 3, 2004 at 4:52 AM

Here's the deal... I really do believe Loveline is more of "The Adam Carolla Show".

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE Dr. Drew but I don't think I'll be able to consistently listen to the show if Adam isn't around. I mean, even though that would still be an informative show, it would be... well, boring.

HOWEVER, give Adam his OWN show with REGULAR guests and I would listen to it every single day like I do now with Loveline. Of course, if he ever gets a show of his own and he accepts it, it wouldn't have the same format as Loveline. Probably more of a Howard Stern type show where he just basically talks. Talks about whatever he wants. For me, he IS the reason I listen to the show. The information... medical information I learn from listening to the show is just pudding for me.

I haven't listen to ONE show this week not entirely because Stryker sucks but because I know it wouldn't be the same without the Ace man.

Just rambling.

j4k3

Thursday, June 3, 2004 at 5:35 AM

Edited Thursday, June 3, 2004 at 5:48 AM

I think if you can ignore the annoyances in Stryker you might notice that Drew is close to his best with Stryker over most other guest co-hosts without Adam. Drew is relaxed and secure. Stryker isn't a loose cannon like DAG whom Drew seems very nervous and unsettled around as he tries to keep up with his exhausting bits. Stryker is not that smart or in control of things at least enough that Drew can still take the reigns anytime without a battle. But Stryker is harmless. He just tries so hard to be everybody's go to guy- getting enviable sex, done everything, loves everyone, knows details about everything and everyone, etc. Drew needs a bridge between dullsville and energy that is up tempo and lively but not too lively. Stryker fits the bill even though he goes overboard. I just try to focus on Drew.

Cracked

Thursday, June 3, 2004 at 6:21 AM

I would still listen to the show if Adam left. It may not be the same, but I would still enjoy it.

Wugie

Thursday, June 3, 2004 at 6:42 PM

Dare I say that the show is more interesting and informative with just Drew hosting? Haha I remember awhile back when Drew was late and started the show on his cell phone! (He later got cut off in the parking lot, and Anderson played the "drew boogie" until he arrived in the studio lol)

BTW, I tried emailing to that address once and was instantly sent back a message saying that their inbox was "too full." I highly doubt anyone checks the mail there.

§ilent Rebel

Friday, June 4, 2004 at 4:52 AM

What is KROQ's fax number? Bet SOMEBODY looks at that thing every now and then...

j4k3

Friday, June 4, 2004 at 10:12 AM

Nobody is going to listen to anyone who writes in telling KROQ that they should not let Stryker do Loveline. He has his own show on KROQ that's on right before Loveline, so all he has to do is walk down the hallway. It's extremely convenient, and Drew doesn't seem to mind, so nothing will change.

Jeremy

Friday, June 4, 2004 at 5:15 PM

I think Anderson should fill in for Adam. I bet he could take his place when Adam leaves too. He could do Drops and talk too. I think he is the only one who would be listenable.

stass

Friday, June 4, 2004 at 5:31 PM

I think Anderson might do OK as a guest host, but he has too much to do as an engineer to even try to do both. Plus he's at the old studio doign the satellite and Drew would be at KROQ. They could get Ken or something to engineer while Anderson hosted...it would be interesting once or twice, but I don't know if Anderson could sustain himself as a host.

puck71

Friday, June 4, 2004 at 6:10 PM

Anderson's best at short little interjections. I don't believe he'd be able to host an entire two-hour show.

Jeremy

Saturday, June 5, 2004 at 8:25 PM

So is Stryker gone after this week? is Adam back tomorrow night? I have never listened to a loveline episode without Adam except for the one that DAG hosted with Drew, even the Howie Mandel episode I downloaded was turned off once i found out Adam wasn't there..

I've gone a week without new loveline, I need it like a goddamn drug.

sneedo

Sunday, June 6, 2004 at 8:52 AM

i believe he will be back on sunday. Drew mentioned his flight comes in sunday morning, so he will have time to make it to the show that night.

this week with stryker was bad, but was it really worth not listening to? i dont necessarily think so, the guests tend to keep styker quiet, and they got through a lot of interesting calls too. it will be nice though, when adam comes back.

verm09

Sunday, June 6, 2004 at 3:52 PM

Jimmy Kimmel is best next to Adam.

keitho

Sunday, June 6, 2004 at 4:37 PM

Damn right, keitho! Here are my top 3 comedians in order:

Adam Carolla
Jimmy Kimmel
Dave Attell (when drunk)

j4k3

Sunday, June 6, 2004 at 9:26 PM

jay mohr is pretty funny. i like when he talks about religion. he is good stand up too.

verm09

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 6:21 PM

fuck dude. fuck.

Bears attack!

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 7:01 PM

jesus christ, is this the psychic companion? these people were saying this two years before he got the job...

unpwnful

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Look at the top of the page, this is not The Psychic Companion.

Mikeyfish-In-TF

Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 7:41 PM

i had the weirdest dream last night. when i woke up, i thought i was high. [plurry and i still need to smoke a bowl together]

anyways......

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

lexieho

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 2:07 AM

Asimov

greymatters

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 2:09 AM

I've read that book. One of the 10 or so books I've read in my life.

Stryker311

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 2:18 AM

Anfernee, Cliff Notes doesn't count.

greymatters

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 2:21 AM

cliff notes on asimov. pointless.

lexieho

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 2:28 AM

they do too, have you seen how long those things are getting? I have a SparkNotes for Mayor of Casterbridge, and it's almost as long as the book itself! I'm like I don't have time for this shit!

gradesaver.com

helped me know what the hell was going on in a book called "Black Boy" and one called "A Separate Peace". The first one is about a black kid, the second one is about 2 boys that love each other and swing off trees and stuff.

Stryker311

Saturday, January 6, 2007 at 12:52 PM

they do too, have you seen how long those things are getting? I have a SparkNotes for Mayor of Casterbridge, and it's almost as long as the book itself!

So you're combining almost the length of the book without getting the benefit of having read it.

Sounds like a plan.

anobody

Home > Forum > Archive > June 2004 > Reason(s) why Stryker sucks: ~ ~ Post a Follow-Up